Dear diary,

Hmm, I really wanted to write something different now, but I think it's a good idea to clear my head, so it will be empty. I just had a bit of an argument with Bas. Or maybe it's not the right word. I have told him the truth, but in a friendly fashion. I noticed he was a bit displeased, but I can't help it, I got it of my chest.

He was commenting again on everything that is wrong in the world. We agreed many people are aware and are willing to do something, but it all ends up in talking and discussing because of a lack something more concrete. And there is so little concrete manifestation, like the protests against the war in Vietnam, because people are tired of demonstrating, because there are so many wars and other injustice going on recently.

Everybody seems to wait for somebody else to organize something they can participate in and even then people don't seem so willing to demonstrate again and when it happens it is hardly heard about.

We got to the idea that is the internet would probably be a good medium to mobilize people that are willing to do something, but stand alone in their willingness and that it would be a good way to let people know there is something going on when it's a truly massive event. A worldwide peace-rally. Not against the war over here or the war over there, or useless violence. But pro a peaceful society.

The message can spread so fast when people forward links or put links on their sites. And besides: everybody is pro-peace; Jews, Palestinians, Iraqis, Americans, etc. And it will be noticed when people worldwide will celebrate a peace day.

But Bas's final reaction was: I would rather have somebody else do it and somebody else will. But that's just it. Somebody else won't, because he/she has the same thought. Why have people become this lazy when it comes to these matters? And do people really think they can't make a difference on their own? I can't do anything by myself?

Worst of all; I am the same. Afraid to stick my neck out, to be laughed at, afraid anything might go wrong. I am afraid I can't do it alone to as well. I think because I feel more supported while in a group. I am afraid it is impossible to mobilize many people in a good way.

Ok, so be it, but than I will have to look for people that share the same thought. Than instead of saying this thought farwell, I have to keep it in mind and share this idea when it comes to it. And everybody who doesn't want to do anything doesn't have anything to complain at all, let them stay and wait for things to go even worse.

Or maybe I'll have to do it differently. Make use of the face that the internet is such an anonymous medium and put my idea somewhere and see if people will pick up. I know I am not alone… I will have to put this in practice and have faith in peoples goodness. Have faith in the fact that there are others who dare to give me and others (who need it more) a sign of coexistence (and humanity).

Would it work when I dare to conquer my own feelings of doubt and embarrassment and place something, for example this part of my diary, online? Do I dare to give myself naked, so others will? For isn't that the necessary ingredient for a peaceful society, to see each others humane vulnerability instead of the anonymous enemy?

Maybe I dare do it anonymous. Than it will truly be a day by and for the people. Everybody can do something, if they try. I am giving the example, who's next?

One day of peace, by all people, for all people. I myself think 07-07-07 would be a nice date, a date nobody will forget. Every other date would do as well, but somebody has to make a decision, otherwise it will end up in a discussion.

If there is anybody who sees any life in this plan, empower it by doing something. Spread this message and gather as many people as possible on 07-07-07 on the meeting points. Hopefully there will be people who can built a website, so people can set up meetings for their celebration. Or maybe you are a musician or some other artist and you would like to make the day more festive. Or whatever other spontaneous ideas come into your mind. Do it.

I know I can't make peace, but I can at least show my good intentions and hope others will follow. if you think this idea is ridiculous, sent it to as many people you know, hopefully you can give them a nice laugh, and maybe one of them feels the same and will take it serious.

I hope this massage will create a snowball-effect on the internet. I have a dream, I hope you share it.

I know I am not alone,

Is anybody out there?